Monday 5th November 1984
"Well / Here we are again..." ("Georgia" / OMD '81) *
First things first
I can't escape from "MFL"** still! I went into Oxfam to laugh at their records and in the LPs there was "My fair lady" soundtrack LP!
Which brings us to ... Rachel Turner! Howard, Luty and Spillers went on a Duke Of Edinburgh scheme walk with her (and others). Howard and Luty had a chat with her all about me. She said she didn't realise I felt so deeply for her (this is what Howard said, Rach, so kill him if it's not true) but she knew I was lonely. She also said she feels some sympathy for me!
Maybe that's why she offered me a sweet this morning? I declined anyway.
I might take Bks 11 and 12 into school tomorrow. Then again I might not.
Now, second things second.
I got my glasses back today. I hardly notice any difference. Oh well!
It is freezing cold and feels like winter. What a surprise! I haven't written a song / poem for, oh ages... About two days now.
I did a loud electric "punk" version of "You say" *** today. First I did, well... You don't wanna hear about that, do you?
The entry on 4th November is good, isn't it? Two words.
In E&MM **** there's an interview with The Cabs (Cabaret Voltaire). Holey bought it today cos I met him, Keegan and Keith Hooper on the way from the opticians. Holey waved E&MM about, Keegan spotted my glasses and Keith asked about any Paul Weller stuff from Melody Maker. I'll look for a Weller interview soon.
Unfortunately this book may be called "The continuing decline and fall of Robert Morgan" because it's being written in a big book a la Bk 8. That took me five months to finish. FIVE MONTHS! During five months I could have gone out with Rachel, gone out with any girl, anything could happen in five months.
Rhiannon is probably out to get me now. When I was waiting outside Maths she came out of the door and I said "Hello lovely Rhiannon" or some suchlike compliment and she flung her hand out in a vain attempt to grab me and, no, she meant to hit me. I moved and she hit her hand against a wall.
Nothing else has happened. Now that I've got a big book to fill nothing will happen.
Typical!
* I quote a lot of songs like this
** "My Fair Lady" - the school production had taken place the previous month. Rachel Turner had a minor role but it seemed really important at the time.
*** Two chord thrash I can barely remember, probably the first song I wrote on guitar.
**** Electronics and Music Maker magazine. Scan available here
Comments
Post a Comment