Saturday 15th December 1984
Another song written especially for IBM T5. Currently called "Verpassen" - because I couldn't think of anything else to call it - it's in two parts and uses the Oric for a baseline in part 1, followed by explosions then constant noise for part 2. It's quite good. *
"Verpassen" means "to miss". It's a nice title.
Brud's gone to Bristol for the day. Dad has gone to Windermere for a "silly" course. I've been in my room all day. Mum's been working as usual. **
I've only played one record ("Cha cha 2000" - La Dusseldorf) since daylight. Before daylight (after midnight last night) I played my Cocteau Twins session and "Texmex" by Portion Control. ***
Christmas is getting on my nerves. So are exams.
-----
Footnotes
* "Verpassen" is about two thirds of the way through side one of "Learns to dance" and was performed and recorded only once. It's actually ok - part one is the Oric sequencer I wrote playing a constant four note arpeggio while I play over it with the Casio, the second part is a repeated chord like the first few seconds of "Rheinita" by La Dusseldorf. Sure it all goes on way too long but there's some interesting ideas there.
** My poor mother didn't come off too well in these diaries. I'm certainly lacking empathy for the amount of work she did keeping the household going. Sorry Mum.
*** What the hell did I do all day? Those songs were all taped off Peel.
Comments
Post a Comment