Sunday 30th December 1984
There was an item on the news about how Sir Keith Joseph will make sure that bad teachers get less pay and the NUT don't like it. Therefore the NUT must have bad members or they'd have nothing to worry about. *
Anyway.
The Review Of The Year 1984
January
The main event in this month was the sudden departure of Debbie Carr on 25th January. Absolutely nothing else happened. **
February
Main event is the announcement to Howard of my apparent "love" of Rachel Turner. Also Hagyard goes insane. OMD announce their tour and new LP. I find Radio Prague on Short Wave and I define the "Debbie Syndrome". *** Also the bloody Eisteddfod with Rachel.
March
Debbie reappears, according to Cooper and Holey. I tell Bev to tell Rachel that I fancy her. I have a terrible day on 23rd March. Brud goes to a Kinks concert
April
OMD release "Locomotion" single and "Junk culture" album. I go on holiday to Oxford and return with more records ****
May
My birthday! Also Lesley's (I buy her a present) and Debbie's. I start to mitch off Games lessons. I get sad and the "I don't know why I like Rachel" section makes me wonder. The "who's fooling who?" game makes two appearances and I think about forming a band
June
I see OMD live! I claim I am cured of my "love" for Rachel. Holey and I announce our intention of forming a band - with Alison's suggestion of Rachel as a singer rejected by me. Also, exams.
July
We go to France on holiday. I write "The way we were" and think about Industrial Beat Music. Harald comes to stay for a fortnight and school breaks up.
August
Nothing at all! Rachel goes to Czechoslovakia (or was it Yugoslavia?) I do some recordings.
September
Back to school. First signs of the school production of "My fair lady" featuring Rachel. Howard hears tapes of some of my songs and approves.
October
Oh dreaded October. I start Bk 11 and take it to school where all and sundry read it. "My fair lady" is given four public performances, one watched by Howard. To celebrate I write "Embarrassing situation" - which does not please Rachel - and "Fond regards to the bitter end" and "Insult". I find out that Rachel goes out with Richard Kynaston.
November
The Turner / Kynaston affair grows to full blossom before our eyes. I write "You say" towards the happy couple. Rachel admits to Howard that she feels some sympathy towards me. Thanks a lot! I take bk 11 to school and agree to record it on tape. Finally Spiller and Newton hear it. Rumours fly that I fancy Jackie, Rhiannon, Alison and Melissa. I almost get killed by a car and Bk 13 is fought over in school. I kill off the diary and denounce all and sundry in the Pupil Files.
December
Exams again! My diary officially stops. I enter a computers competition and get my name in the school newsletter above Rachel's. Howard and I go crazy on the last day of term and Rachel changes her hair style. I enjoy Christmas and buy a VL Tone.
------
Footnotes
* Another rare venture into politics. It's worth noting that one of the teachers in Stanwell was the area rep for the National Union Of Teachers and quite militant about strikes. This would have a devastating effect on both my time and my brother's time in the sixth form with multiple strikes.
** Nothing else happened at all??? What a self centred little twerp I was.
*** Absolutely no idea what this is.
**** There's a very good Goldfish post covering Feb to June 1984 called Love And Violence
Comments
Post a Comment